About proxy mode, when all home servers are dead

regulus regulus lai_leo at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 6 08:41:39 CET 2014

Hi Alan,
Not sure if I understood it the wrong way, I have set a Post-Proxy-Type Fail handler in a virtual server, and then include the virtual_server in home_server_pool, but I still get a Access-Reject after both home servers are dead.   I read the comments in proxy.conf again, it says "A virtual_server may be specified here.  If so, the "pre-proxy" and "post-proxy" sections are called when the request is proxied, and when a response is received."  Does it mean when there is no response from home server, it still cannot go into the Post-Proxy-Type Fail hander.. ?
server not_respond_post_proxy {        pre-proxy {        }        post-proxy {                Post-Proxy-Type Fail {                      do_not_respond                }        }}home_server_pool My_Pool_01{    type = fail-over    virtual_server = not_respond_post_proxy
    home_server = my_server_01    home_server = my_server_02}

And then I created another virtual server with authorize using do_not_respond policy, and set it to fallback in home_server_pool.  And it seems to start working (no access reject returned).  Do you think it is the correct way to do it, do I need to include the Post-Proxy-Type Fail handler as well?
server virtual.notrespond {  authorize {    do_not_respond  }}home_server virtual_not_respond {  virtual_server = virtual.notrespond}home_server_pool My_Pool_01{    type = fail-over    home_server = my_server_01    home_server = my_server_02    fallback = virtual_not_respond}

Thanks a lot!Regards,Leo