Testing an access-request user without the debugging mode

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Mar 10 09:55:51 CET 2014

Hi,

>    Stopping radiusd:                                          [  OK  ]
>    Starting radiusd:                                          [  OK  ]
>
>    on the user's PC side i got access denied and the server does not report
>    on the radius.log file .
>    please help me and also correct me where ever i went wrong.

if everything works fine in the full debug mode, then the problem when running
as a service is either a file permissions issue (since when you ran in debug
mode things got written as 'root' user...now its trying to run as a non priv
task - check the files its trying to write/access - AND check what the server says when
run in foreground mod e(not full debug, just not as a background daemon).

another issue may be eg SELinux - are you running selines ('getenforce' output will
say Enforcing) - it may be that you need to use SELinux policy tools to allow certain
things  (wondering why you arent using the FreeRADIUS that comes as part of your distro
in these early days of testing/getting familiar?)  - you can validate this by temporarily
turning off SELinux 'setenforce 0' - to see what happens

alan