Authorise based on Calling Station ID ?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Mar 13 15:37:21 CET 2014

Darren Ward (darrward) wrote:
> Maybe the question I need to ask first is how can we have two usernames for the same user?

  You don't.  Users are uniquely defined by their User-Name.

> i.e. 'jonathan' and 'a463.0dfe.ab36' as usernames for the same account credentials?

  You can't.

  If you have "a463.0dfe.ab36", how do you determine that it's really
"jonathan"?

  The only way I can think of is to have a separate mapping table in
SQL.  It should have two columns, one with things like "a463.0dfe.ab36",
and the other with the real names.  Then when you get a request which
has a name like "a463.0dfe.ab36", you look it up in the table to get the
"real" name.

  But this is a very custom solution.  You'll have to design it and
implement it yourself.  It's not part of any standard configuration.