mail archive problems?

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 22:05:57 CET 2014

On 03/13/2014 04:37 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
> John Dennis wrote:
>> Whats up?
>
>   We had a number of people complain about email addresses being public.
>  Miquel (the admin) made the archives private.
>
>   Personally, I don't have much sympathy.  Once people email addresses
> are public, no amount of scrubbing the net will take their address off
> of a spammers list.

If you want the archive to be private (I don't) then at least update the
links to point to the private archive instead of pointing to a dead
link. The link to the private archive is:

http://lists.freeradius.org/mailman/private/freeradius-users/

The mail list is mirrored other places so I don't understand what value
there is in taking down the archive on just the freeradius.org site,
it's not like you're preventing anyone from seeing the posts.

--
John