Assign link-local addresses on authentication/authorization failure

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Thu Mar 20 13:26:01 CET 2014

> For more details -- setting up WPA enterprise wifi network, and we require our LDAP users to be part of certain groups to get on ("wirelessfaculty," and "wirelessstudents").  If they fail to authenticate due to bad password it'd be nice to give them a 169.254.0.1 address.

That's not possible. If they fail authentication then they will be disassociated from the access point.

Depending on the EAP method you can send back an Access-Aceept, but assign them into a 'quarantine' VLAN.

This will not work with methods such as EAP-PEAP, only EAP-TTLS.

FreeRADIUS Development Team