AIX client to MS RADIUS server

Lloyd Gill lhg at jhmi.edu
Tue Mar 25 23:08:41 CET 2014

So, to confirm, I should be working with v1.4 of the pam radius auth client, correct? If so, how can I obtain that version?

Lloyd

From: Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org<mailto:a.cudbardb at freeradius.org>>
Date: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Subject: Re: AIX client to MS RADIUS server

On 25 Mar 2014, at 21:27, Lloyd Gill <lhg at jhmi.edu<mailto:lhg at jhmi.edu>> wrote:

Ok so the 2.2.4 that is on the free radius download site is for the Server, not the client? Ok, I just realized that.
If that statement is true, then does the 1.4 version you reference below have any new support for AIX?

No, but if you want to fix support for AIX then that would be the one to start working with.

If you were experiencing endian issues with the md5 code (which other people have with 1.3.7) it should fix them, as it uses an autoconf byte order check instead of relying on compiler macros (which are incomplete).

This is relevant to AIX in particular as the majority of AIX platforms appear to be PPC which has configurable endianess.

-Arran

Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org<mailto:a.cudbardb at freeradius.org>>
FreeRADIUS Development Team