AIX client to MS RADIUS server

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Wed Mar 26 17:27:47 CET 2014

On 26 Mar 2014, at 15:25, Lloyd Gill <lhg at jhmi.edu> wrote:

> I take this to mean no one has successfully got pam radius auth module to work on AIX?

You can't really draw that from the lack of responses. pam radius users may not be using the server, and this list is primarily for users of the FreeRADIUS server.

> I do appreciate the input of this list, but AIX is an enterprise-class operating system that runs a lot of mission critical applications. I would be surprised we are the only unix/linux shop that is deploying multi-factor authentication using radius on AIX.

I wouldn't be that surprised.

If you provide output of man pam_get_user, man pam_get_item, we can probably get it working...

Or if you're just looking for an excuse to pay lots of money to a commercial vendor, then best of luck with that.

FreeRADIUS Development Team