Why documentation is the way it is

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Sat Mar 29 13:26:49 CET 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 01:17:55PM -0400, John Dennis wrote:

> To my mind the fundamental documentation problem is not the lack of
> specific documentation detailing the details, there is plenty of that.
> What's missing is an overarching explanation of how all the pieces fit
> together and/or can be assembled.

I think this is exactlty what I'm struggeling with. I.e. where is the
equivalent to postfix' Architecture Overview for freeradius?

	http://www.postfix.org/OVERVIEW.html

I.e., an overview over how a packet flows, and where it can/should be
manipulated. That postfix architecture overview has been very helpful,
and is often used when debugging/trying to understand where tings are
happening in a mail flow.

  -jf