New documentation is available online

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Sat Mar 29 13:36:02 CET 2014

On 03/28/2014 02:51 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
>   I've been making noises about writing documentation for a long time
> now.  Too long.  However, I've had a documentation person working on the
> problem for a few months now, and we have something ready for release.
>
>   I hope this news has a positive impact on the FreeRADIUS community.
> There has been a lot of discussion recently around the subject of
> documentation, and I'd like people to know that I have been making progress.
>
>   The documentation is available online at:
>
> 	http://networkradius.com/doc/

Wonderful, thank you Alan! This is very much appreciated.

>   The astute reader will notice that the documentation isn't GPLd, and
> is instead from my company.  The simple reason is that it costs money to
> have a professional person write documentation.  So the documentation
> has to be owned by the entity who paid for it:  Network RADIUS SARL.

>   Despite the documents being corporate branded, they are available for
> free download, for anyone to read.  The company will continue to fund
> development of the documentation, and will continue to release more
> documentation over the coming months.

I'd like to get a clarification concerning licensing of the doc. Saying
it's corporate owned but free for download paints with a broad brush.
How do you see this working? Is the idea Network RADIUS SARL owns the
copyright and is the exclusive distributor meaning it can only be
obtained from Network RADIUS SARL and reproduction in any form is
prohibited?

--
John