Changing Class attribute from octets to string

Antonio Modesto Amaral Sousa modesto at isimples.com.br
Mon Mar 31 18:40:04 CEST 2014

On Mon 31 Mar 2014 12:42:37 PM BRT, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Antonio Modesto Amaral Sousa wrote:
>> I need to use the class attribute in order to assign the user to a
>> service plan in a DPI box. The Class attribute is been carried in the
>> acct packets, the problem is that Freeradius is converting it to
>> hexadecimal, I've changed the type from octets to string and restarted
>> the service but it continued to be converted to hex. What can I do to
>> get this attribute to be carried in plain text format?
>
>    Use:  %{string:Class}
>
>    It will print out the Class as if it was of type "string".
>
>    In general, it's a bad idea to edit the dictionaries.
>
>    Alan DeKok.

Hello Allan,

Thank you for replying. Sorry for the stupid question but, where am I
supposed to put this config? I don't know if I was clear enough in the
last e-mail, I need the attribute in plain text format inside the acct
packet so my DPI box can get the service plan of the user, not to just
convert it.

Thanks a lot.

--

Atenciosamente,