Profanity

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri May 16 23:20:04 CEST 2014

On 16 May 2014, at 21:36, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>> Can we drop the condescending tone and actually contribute some fucking
>> code.
>
>  That's a bit much.
>
>  Please no profanity on the list.

Fair enough, i'll rephrase that statement more constructively.

I dislike the way John attempts to dictate activities within the project
without contributing to it in any substantive way beyond RPM patches.

Open source development is a truer meritocracy than most which claim to be.

You're the project leader because you've contributed thousands of hours
and probably (by now) at least half a million lines of code.

I claim to be on the FreeRADIUS development team and act authoritatively
on some project related matters, as i've now contributed large amounts of
code, and handle a lot of day to day maintenance.

Phil, Matthew, Alan B, Fajar, Olivier, or any of the other active
contributors have earned the right to have their opinions heard and
considered through years of actively contributing code, documentation,
test cases, or by helping people on the mailing lists.

Maybe historically John has contributed significant amounts, and i'm
out of line. But I can't think of many examples in the last seven years,
so when he acts as an authority or someone who's opinion should hold
weight, or be respected, I take exception.

FreeRADIUS Development Team