RLM_Perl not seeing huntgroup-name

Graeme Hinchliffe graeme.hinchliffe at zeninternet.co.uk
Mon May 19 13:36:34 CEST 2014

I just tried changing the line in the huntgroups file from:

Testhunt    Client-IP-Address 127.0.0.1

Testhunt    NAS-IP-Address 127.0.0.1

And this seemed to make the huntgroup be selected!  However on the vanilla FreeRADIUS install, it is configured with Client-IP-Address of 127.0.0.1 and selecting the huntgroup.

I am using radclient -f testuser 127.0.0.1:1645 auth testing123  to send the test packet, On both setups freeradius is seeing the request come from:

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 34345, id=153, length=48
	User-Name = "testuser"
	User-Password = "kdsjhfksf"

On the non-working config we then get:

+- entering group authorize {...}
++[preprocess] returns ok
++[chap] returns noop

But on the working (vanilla FreeRADIUS config)

+- entering group authorize {...}
[preprocess] 	expand: %{Client-IP-Address} -> 127.0.0.1
++[preprocess] returns ok

I suspect preprocess isn't working correctly on the non-vanilla setup for some reason, I have md5'd both versions of the preprocess configuration file and they are identical, I have also ensured that preprocess appears in the same places within the site configuration.

When I change the huntgroup files to use NAS-IP-Address, there is still nothing other than:

++[preprocess] returns ok

But the huntgroup appears within RLM_Perl.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Graeme