Free radius : Increase debug log level

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Mon May 26 17:17:53 CEST 2014

On 26 May 2014, at 15:51, Lakshmanji Chandrasekaran <lakshmanji.x.chandrasekaran at gsk.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We are running FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.11 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.10 (Tikanga).
>
> We are looking to increase the debug log level to identify the free radius crashing and from the man page we could see the below options.
>
>   -X              Turn on full debugging.
>   -x              Turn on additional debugging. (-xx gives more debugging).
>
> But the above options are  not providing more details of crash error.
>
> Is there any other options to increase the logging level (any command line or configuration file change to increase logging level ) ?

No, there is no combination of flags which will cause the server to increase the logging level of the server to the point where it produces a backtrace for 2.1.11.

It will do it automatically for 2.2.5 and 3.0.3, but these are not available pre-packed for RHEL 5.10, so you need to talk to RH (who you presumably purchased support from (so why are you asking questions here?!)) to get the support/debugging procedure they want you to use.

FreeRADIUS Development Team