Free radius : Increase debug log level

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon May 26 17:27:12 CEST 2014

Hi,

>    We are looking to increase the debug log level to identify the free radius
>    crashing and from the man page we could see the below options.

radiusd -X

and the, if thats NOT providing enough detail (and it probably wont be) you need
to follow the doc/bugs instructions (either available in the source code archive, should
be installed in the /usr/share/doc/freeradisu (or somesuch) or is available online

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/www.freeradius.org/blob/master/radiusd/doc/bugs

version 3.x of the core has a live hook to allow automatic triggering of debugging
tools upon a crash.

...and you say you are running 2.1.11 ?  well, I can guarantee you have plenty of bugs - just
look at the changelog of the releases since that release - your bug has probably already been fixed -
look at running 2.2.5 instead !!)

alan