LDAP Groups to Freeradius and then Ruckus Wireless?

Enrique Sainz Baixauli enriquesainz.beca at intef.educacion.es
Wed May 28 12:10:59 CEST 2014

Hi again,

So I'm now working with version 3.0.3 and I have moved all of my configs to
the new format. I can do, as I did on v2.1.2, group checking in users file
via the Ldap-Group virtual attribute. That's fine, but it's not what I need.
I need the group info to be forwarded to the client, and I'm trying to do so
in mods-available/ldap (symlinked to mods-enabled/). As there is no
ldap.attrmap file and the update section in mods-available/ldap seems to be
for that purpose, I'm mapping attributes there:

reply:Ruckus-User-Groups	:= 'control:memberOf'

Ruckus-User-Groups is defined in a dictionary file for vendor Ruckus. But
any kind of attribute that I think may fit there I have already tried
(memberOf, Ldap-Group, Ldap-Membership...), and no matter what I try I see a
line like this in the debug output:

ldap :  Attribute 'control:memberOf' not found in LDAP Object

So my question is: how can I have freeradius run the logic behind Ldap-Group
and put that info in the reply? Because if I try it from users file
Ldap-Group is recognized and run, but from ldap config it just doesn't find
the attribute.

Thanks everyone one more time!