freeradius3 + openldap + mschapv2

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Wed May 28 17:15:34 CEST 2014

On 28 May 2014, at 13:10, Olivier Beytrison <olivier at heliosnet.org> wrote:

> On 28.05.2014 12:05, futhwo wrote:
>> Anyway, just for personal culture, why wasn't it necessary in v 2 and is
>> in v 3? I do not have pap instantiated in authorize in my working v2
>
> I'll let Alan or Arran answer that one.

It's odd, and i'm not quite sure what's happening with that one, it should
just work without normalisation.

I've done some fairly major tweaking of the code to ensure that if ntPassword
is a binary attribute in LDAP, it's contents will not be molested on the way
to the buffer in the NT-Password octets attribute.

If it doesn't work, i'd still like to get this fixed as it's stupid to have
to call the pap module just to convert the NT-Password from a hex string to
it's binary form.

FreeRADIUS Development Team