Authentication protocols that DO support hashed passwords

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Nov 12 14:39:33 CET 2014

E.S. Rosenberg wrote:
> Thanks for all the explanations, this discussion has been enlightening.
> As far as the don't design/control goes in some other OSS projects I
> am familiar with the contributors to the project also took active
> rolls in newer standards to be developed since they were also
> stakeholder/parties of interest.

  If you look... I'm author on a large number of RADIUS RFCs.  And have
about another 5-6 in the queue for eventual publication.

> EAP-PWD definitely looks interesting and I'll be keeping an eye on it.

  I won't hold my breath.  Microsoft implements TTLS and PEAP on the PC.
 IAS (or whatever they're calling it these days) only does PEAP.

> Above "supporting all existing devices" is mentioned, but we do have
> the luxury with newer services to say "this service is only supported
> on" (and since we are a *nix outfit that's even easier we don't have
> to support MS stuff).

  Deploying a new EAP protocol everywhere is *hard*.