Authentication protocols that DO support hashed passwords

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Nov 13 17:31:13 CET 2014

Stefan Winter wrote:
> It's true that it has not been exposed much, the main and only argument
> being "the crypto is complex and has not been tested enough by
> cryptographers". IMHO, cryptopgraphy researchers should GET GOING and
> evaluate it instead of complaining that their community hasn't evaluated
> it enough yet.

  Dan Harkins isn't a well known cryptographic researcher.  He's done a
lot more work in the space than I have in the space.  But the "cabal" of
cryptographic researchers don't know him very well.

  So.. they ignore what he's done.  I don't really see that changing,
unless people start deploying EAP-PWD.  Then, the researchers can get
papers published by criticizing his work.