Dropping EAPOL frame, not key frame (Norman Elton)

Rui Ribeiro ruyrybeyro at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 10:42:33 CET 2014

Hi Norman,

I have witnessed systematic problems in every new major release of Apple.
They only seem to get right the wifi part after minor .6 or .7 updates in
some more problematic versions.

The last yosemite version is no exception. I am on the beta program, and
10.10.1, the upcoming update, seems to bring again more wifi bug fixes. iOS
as you know has had also bug fixes in the last two updates.

At home, I had loads of this problems with 3 different MacBook Pros, often
the icon was up and down 60s, and only fixed it going to 5Ghz. A lot of
wifi BSSIDs seen at home, in excess of 40 at least. The Windows machine was
slow, but was not that much problematic.

At work, the same thing is happening. We have a large campus deployment,
and the experience of OS/X iOS people with 5GHz is radically better than
the old models which work only in 2GHz.

We also have another big problem at the moment at work, which is the Meru
firmware/controller version 6 has been laden with terrible bugs for months.
When in Cisco APs the experience is so much better.

Regards

--
Regards,

--