Freeradius mysql ippool duplicate IP's

Clive cliveallen0907 at gmx.com
Thu Nov 20 10:02:08 CET 2014

Strange. Normal DHCP assignment from IP addressing means the database is tagged showing that the IP address is in use..... If you have two DHCP servers on the same broadcast network then they MUST have different pools of addresses.

DHCP itself is initiated with a broadcast packet and responds to the first packet it receives from a server.

Duplicate addresses suggest either the database is not updating it's records or there is a secondary DHCP server with the same pool of addresses on the broadcast network (Same subnet) also issuing the addresses.

Have you checked this?

Sent from my iPad