Fwd: Child is hung (max_request)

srithar jeevadurai srijeevadurai1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 16:07:26 CET 2014

Hi Alan,

Thanks a lot for your response.

May I know the patch link to apply for Radius version 2.2.1.?

if I download latest stable version and rebuild the server (using our
customized rlm module) then would that not required to apply patch?

May I know latest stable version of FreeRadius (3.0.5 or 2.2.6) and the bug
free ?

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 11:36 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
wrote:

> srithar jeevadurai wrote:
> > We are using Radius 2.2.1. Can we fix the child hung by putting any
> patch ?
>
>   If you're going to patch it yourself, you'll need to look at github.
> Or, download the link I sent and use that.
>
> > For my understanding of Radius server behavior
> >
> > May I know the possible root causes for "Child is hung" ?
>
>   A bug.  The root causes are buried inside of the server.  Since you're
> not familiar with the server code, any explanation won't help.
>
> > In our scenario, I believe that when backlog is growing, some point of
> > time each request faces "max_request_time" - out so it is giving child
> > is hung message i.e. the request is in queue but no worker thread has
> > picked it.
>
>   No.
>
> > May I know why we will not be able to solve and it will delays the
> > problem please?
>
>   If the problem is that the home server is down, increasing the
> internal queue size won't help.  The home server will still be down.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Regards,