RADIUS Server Authorization and Accounting - MY SQL Configuration - Please Help

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Nov 24 09:40:13 CET 2014

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 8:59 PM, anusha mule <anusha.mule9988 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> One thing is that - we read "sql_counter" module is useful to limit the
> time a user can spend daily, weekly, or monthly on the network.
>
> Has sql_counter has problems in limiting a user's data usage or accounting
> the duration used in the each of the session establishment and provide the
> access.

Not really. Basically it counts/sums something from accounting table (e.g.
session time), compare it against something else (e.g. user time quota),
and return the difference in an attribute (e.g. session-timeout).

If your NAS (e.g. chillispot, openvpn, mikrotik routers, whatever) has an
attribute that supports data limit, then you can use sqlcounter for that
(e.g. http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33879)

You could setup multiple instance of sql counters, one for time limit, one
for data limit.

--
Fajar