FreeRADIUS 3.0.4 terminates with "Error: Failed adding event handler for socket!"

Stefan Paetow Stefan.Paetow at ja.net
Wed Oct 1 16:01:06 CEST 2014

Hi,

By accident I just spotted this message in /var/log/radius/radius.log on a RHEL 6.5 box with FreeRADIUS 3.0.4 installed:

Wed Oct  1 13:45:01 2014 : Error: Failed adding event handler for socket!

After that, FR terminated. I've restarted it, but unfortunately I don't have any other information. Alan, Arran, under what conditions does that error occur?

Stefan Paetow
Moonshot Industry & Research Liaison Coordinator
t: +44 (0)1235 822 125

Janet, the UK’s research and education network.

Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a
not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238