Acct-Delay-Time attribute in buffered-sql server mode

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Oct 4 15:23:20 CEST 2014

Rygl Aleš wrote:
> And the issue is that even if there is no Acct-Delay-Time received from
> the NAS, it appears in radacct table then and from my observations it
> has nothing to do with the real delay of the session start and indicates
> just the amount of time for which the record was waiting in
> radacct/detail.work file. IMHO this is wrong because the SQL scripts in
> dialup.conf are doing a correction of session start time based using
> Acct-Delay-Time.

  I'm not sure what you're getting at.  Using Acct-Delay-Time is
correct, because the packet has been delayed.  Otherwise, when there's
no Event-Timestamp in the packet, it will assume that the session start
time is the SQL *insert* time, not the packet *receive* time.

  Perhaps you could explain why you think it's wrong to update
Acct-Delay-Time.