Beginner help (Alan DeKok)

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Oct 8 05:43:33 CEST 2014

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 9:59 AM, KAVYA PRABHAKAR
<kavyamelinmaneprabhakar at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> > to the TOP of the users file?  the same file that the server is
>> > reading...and           > restarted
>> > the server before running the test?
>>

> Yes, I have added
> test Cleartext-Password := "456"
> as the 1st line (TOP) in users file and restarted the server before running
> the test.
> But I encountered same error.
>
> (0) WARNING: pap : No "known good" password found for the user.  Not setting
> Auth-Type.
> (0) WARNING: pap : Authentication will fail unless a "known good" password
> is available.
> (0)   [pap] = noop
> (0)  } #  authorize = ok
> (0) ERROR: No Auth-Type found: rejecting the user via Post-Auth-Type =
> Reject
> (0) Failed to authenticate the user.
> (0) Using Post-Auth-Type Reject
> (0) # Executing group from file /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
> (0)  Post-Auth-Type REJECT {
> (0) attr_filter.access_reject : EXPAND %{User-Name}
> (0) attr_filter.access_reject :    --> test
> (0) attr_filter.access_reject : Matched entry DEFAULT at line 11
>
> In debug logs they say "at line 11". I checked the same in users file. That
> particular line is commented.

I highly suspect you still have the same problem as your first post:
you edit the wrong file.

e.g. /usr/local/etc vs /etc.

I highly suggest you start with prebuild package, and then edit the
correct config file (/etc/freeradius/users for debian/ubuntu,
/etc/raddb/users for others)

--
Fajar