Fwd: free radius 3.0.2 not reading nas clients from daloradius db

Abdullah b.hawks123 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 14:37:37 CEST 2014

as far as  i can tell from debug output, module sql has been loaded :/

*# Loaded module rlm_sql*
*  # Instantiating module "sql" from file
/usr/local/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/sql*
*  sql {*
*  driver = "rlm_sql_null"*
*  server = "localhost"*
*  port = ""*
*  login = ""*
*  password = <<< secret >>>*
*  radius_db = "radius"*
*  read_groups = yes*
*  read_clients = yes*
*  delete_stale_sessions = yes*
*  sql_user_name = "%{User-Name}"*
*  default_user_profile = ""*
*  client_query = "SELECT id, nasname, shortname, type, secret, server FROM
nas"*
*  authorize_check_query = "# SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op #
FROM radcheck # WHERE username = BINARY '%{SQL-User-Name}' # ORDER BY id"*
*  authorize_reply_query = "# SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op #
FROM radreply # WHERE username = BINARY '%{SQL-User-Name}' # ORDER BY id"*
*  authorize_group_check_query = "SELECT id, groupname, attribute, Value,
op FROM radgroupcheck WHERE groupname = '%{Sql-Group}' ORDER BY id"*
*  authorize_group_reply_query = "SELECT id, groupname, attribute, value,
op FROM radgroupreply WHERE groupname = '%{Sql-Group}' ORDER BY id"*
*  group_membership_query = "# SELECT groupname # FROM radusergroup # WHERE
username = BINARY '%{SQL-User-Name}' # ORDER BY priority"*
*  simul_count_query = ""*
*  simul_verify_query = "SELECT radacctid, acctsessionid, username,
nasipaddress, nasportid, framedipaddress, callingstationid, framedprotocol
FROM radacct WHERE username = '%{SQL-User-Name}' AND acctstoptime IS NULL"*
*  safe_characters =
"@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789.-_: /"*
*  }*
*   accounting {*
*    reference = "%{tolower:type.%{Acct-Status-Type}.query}"*
*   }*
*   post-auth {*
*    reference = ".query"*
*   }*
*rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_null (module rlm_sql_null) loaded and linked*
*rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to database "radius"*
*rlm_sql (sql): Initialising connection pool*
*   pool {*
*    start = 5*
*    min = 4*
*    max = 32*
*    spare = 3*
*    uses = 0*
*    lifetime = 0*
*    cleanup_interval = 30*
*    idle_timeout = 60*
*    retry_delay = 1*
*    spread = no*
*   }*
*rlm_sql (sql): Opening additional connection (0)*
*rlm_sql (sql): Opening additional connection (1)*
*rlm_sql (sql): Opening additional connection (2)*
*rlm_sql (sql): Opening additional connection (3)*
*rlm_sql (sql): Opening additional connection (4)*
*rlm_sql (sql): Processing generate_sql_clients*
*rlm_sql (sql) in generate_sql_clients: query is SELECT id, nasname,
shortname, type, secret, server FROM nas*
*rlm_sql (sql): Reserved connection (4)*
*rlm_sql (sql): Executing query: 'SELECT id, nasname, shortname, type,
secret, server FROM nas'*
*rlm_sql (sql): Released connection (4)*
*  # Instantiating module "detail" from file
/usr/local/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/detail*
*  detail {*
*  filename =
"/usr/local/var/log/radius/radacct/%{%{Packet-Src-IP-Address}:-%{Packet-Src-IPv6-Address}}/detail-%Y%m%d"*
*  header = "%t"*
*  permissions = 384*
*  dir_permissions = 493*
*  locking = no*