detail server stopped working silently

adrian.p.smith at bt.com adrian.p.smith at bt.com
Thu Oct 23 19:22:25 CEST 2014

> adrian.p.smith at bt.com wrote:
>> Thanks Alan. We have found this relay functionality in version 2 to be pretty bomb-proof and have not seen issues before. Was this part >> of the code re-written for version 3, thus making new issues likely?

>>  Yes.  The code in v2 worked, but was very very slow.  The new code is much faster, and can continue reading a detail file after >partially processing it.

>>  Alan DeKok.

Hello again.

For information we now seem to have a reproducible problem....

If we manually create a large detail file and place it in the radacct folder, start radius, we see the packets being sent, but the process stalls someway through and never recovers until restarted. Doing the same thing on a version 2 FreeRadius works fine and the file is processed in its entirety.

This feels like a definite regression?