Puppet module for FreeRADIUS

Jonathan Gazeley Jonathan.Gazeley at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Oct 27 12:39:59 CET 2014

Hi chaps,

I just wanted to announce that I've released a Puppet module on Puppet
Forge which can be used to install and configure FreeRADIUS.

https://forge.puppetlabs.com/jgazeley/freeradius

The first release is not fully-featured but it does allow the
administrator to configure clients, servers, modules, policies and
dictionaries, amongst other things. It has only been tested using
FreeRADIUS 2.x on CentOS 6.

So if anyone else on this list is using Puppet to configure their
servers, I'd be keen to get your feedback on the module, including
testing on other distributions. Obviously patches etc are welcome via
Github. I will continue developing the module as I use it more widely at
my own site. Support for FreeRADIUS 3.x is on the roadmap, and I plan to
extend the module to support it at the same time that my employer
decides to migrate to 3.x.

Thanks,
Jonathan