Dailycounter not working

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Oct 28 21:57:30 CET 2014

Matej Žerovnik wrote:
> This is the part that is giving me troubles...
> My users exists in LDAP to which I don't have access, but I can
> authenticate with UserDN.

  The debug log shows that the user isn't found in LDAP.  Go fix that.

> I added entry
> testuser Max-Daily-Session := 600
> to mysql radcheck table hoping radius will pick it up and use it in
> 'dailycounter'.

  OK.

> Is that even suppose to work?

  Of course.  The "counter" module doesn't care where you get the
Max-Daily-Session attribute from.

> Can I use 'dailycounter' on LDAP  authenticated users or does that only
> work on local users, who are in sql database?

  It works anywhere.

  I suspect you're not reading the debug output.  That is almost always
the problem when issues like this can't be solved.

  What's probably happening is that you're doing the "dailycounter"
checks BEFORE the "sql" module.  So the Max-Daily-Session attribute is
added too late.

  Again, READ THE DEBUG OUTPUT.  It will tell you what's going on.