Reject delay fractional value

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 29 15:14:00 CET 2014

Eugene Grosbein wrote:
> Sadly, this variant is no use for me.
> I need to be able to return fractional seconds from the Perl code
> but your version does not allow me that.

  Nonsense.  An attribute is an attribute.  The server doesn't care
where it comes from.

> That is, DHCP NAK is not always a "reject".
> If legitimate user requests wrong IP address with its DHCPREQUEST,
> I should send back right IP address with DHCPNAK using zero delay.

  The code allows you to do that.

> I should send DHCPNAK with non-zero delay for users with misconfigured hardware only
> (f.e. PPPoE user asking to DHCP; or if that's DHCP flooder).
>
> I have some logic in my perl code and in the database stored procedure it calls to decide that.

  That's fine.

  Does any *other* attribute fail to work when used from Perl?  Does any
*other* attribute require you to use an "update" section?

  No.

  Set "FreeRADIUS-Response-Delay-Usec = 1500000" in your Perl script.
It will work.