Multi-packet session state will be in version 3.0.5

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Oct 31 18:04:01 CET 2014

> On 31 Oct 2014, at 11:12, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>
>  The server has historically had problems dealing with authentication
> conversations that cross multiple packets.  The existing
> "use_tunnel_reply" feature in TTLS and PEAP help, but aren't perfect.
> The behavior is not clear, and it's easy to get the configuration wrong.

It's also useful for rolling your own OTP systems, where the NAS does
multiple rounds to send over the password and OTP token.

> post-auth {
> 	update {
> 		reply += session-state
> 	}
> }

Hm, that syntax will likely generate warnings, I think this represents
current best practice.

post-auth {
	update {
		&reply: += &session-state:

The colons can be omitted, it just makes it clearer it's a list to list copy.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS development team