Limitation of authenticating against AD

Dennis Xu dxu at uoguelph.ca
Wed Sep 3 18:24:29 CEST 2014

Thanks for the information. So FreeRadius uses LDAP to authenticate against AD and LDAP cannot read the passwords in those formats. Apparently ACS has a different implementation on authenticating against AD that they don't care about the password format stored in AD:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-2/user/guide/acsuserguide/eap_pap_phase.html#wp1014889

Dennis