Release of Version 3.0.4

Nikolai Kondrashov Nikolai.Kondrashov at redhat.com
Fri Sep 12 10:40:36 CEST 2014

On 09/11/2014 11:59 PM, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:

>> Thank you for an extended explanation, it makes things clearer.
>>
>> Could you please point me in the general direction where I should look in the
>> code, to see exactly which characters were escaped before?
>
> fr_print_string
>
> print.c:132

Thank you, Arran.

For my own better understanding and perhaps to save time for others, here is
my summary of the code.

Control characters (< 0x20) and all bytes not making valid UTF-8 character
sequences were escaped as \OOO (where O is an octal digit), with the exception
of CR, LF and TAB which were escaped as '\r', '\n' and '\t' respectively.
Also, '\' and '"' were escaped as '\\' and '\"' respectively.

Nick