About copy-acct-to-home-server

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 17 23:54:04 CEST 2014

Tiago wrote:
> Hello Alan,
> I'm not sure if I should paste here or using a paste.bin site.
>
> Here are my config files:

  I don't need to see that.

> My "copy-acct-to-home-server" file is:

  Massively edited.

> When you said to "Configure it to write only accounting packets to the
> detail file."  Where should I do that? I couldn't understand how it
> works, so I'm lost to configure it.

  If you don't understand how it works, don't do massive edits on the
configuration files.

  Start with the default configuration.  IT WORKS.

  Change one thing, and test it.  If it works, save a copy of the
configuration, and change something else.

  If it doesn't work, debug the problem before editing anything else.

  This shouldn't be difficult.  You have a detail file which has
Access-Request packets in it.  This is wrong.  YOU CHANGED IT.  So...
you should know what you changed.

  If you don't know what you changed, you will never be able to debug
anything.

  But it should be simple... you have the debug output.  READ IT.

  See which module it's running when it writes Access-Request packets to
the detail file.  Then, edit the configuration so that it doesn't write
Access-Request packets to the detail file.