Freeradius Queries

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 18 15:31:54 CEST 2014

Himanshu Pandey wrote:
> I am very new to freeradius and right now I am going through the code of
>  freeradius. I am facing problem to understand a couple of concepts.
> They are:
>
> 1. What is the overall architecture of Freeradius?

  Complicated.  We don't really have an architecture diagram.

  For detailed API docs, see http://doc.freeradius.org/

  As for the rest of your questions, they are both too vague and too
specific.  The main reason to ask questions is to solve a particular
problem.  You're asking a series of vague questions "how does it work",
along with detailed questions "why is it done this way".

  They're all nice questions, but they can usually be answered by
reading the source.  The code is VERY well commented.  I see no reason
to cut & paste those comments here.