Beginner need help

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 22 16:40:46 CEST 2014

Himanshu Pandey wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> Now I have taken default radiusd.conf. But I am getting the error:
>
> /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[252]: No such attribute Auth-Type

  Because the dictionaries are broken, too.

  I have NO IDEA what you did.  All I know is you didn't install it from
a package, and you didn't do the standard:

$ ./configure
$ make
$ make install

  Since you're not installing it from a package, why are you using
version 2.2.0?  Why not use 2.2.5?

  And if you are installing it from a package, how did you make it NOT
install the dictionaries?

  You worked VERY HARD to destroy the standard installation.  Why?

  Follow the standard way to build and install the server.  It isn't
hard.  By doing your own thing, you've wasted your time, and ours.

  Delete EVERYTHING you've done related to FreeRADIUS.  It's all wrong.

  Them, follow the standard installation.  It will work.