Does freeradius support considering a session as ended if enough accounting packets are missed?

Erik Andersen eandersen at eoni.com
Mon Sep 22 20:27:42 CEST 2014

(Response below)
On 09/18/2014 09:47 AM, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Erik Andersen wrote:
>> I've searched online, and haven't found anything on the subject that
>> definitively says. Does freeradius support marking a session as
>> ended/stopped if enough accounting packets are missed?
>
>    No.  You need to run a script to clean up the database.
>
>    Alan DeKok.

(I've upgraded to 3.04 since asking this question, and built a script
that finds, using MySQL, stuff that has missed a few interim updates,
and then fakes an end of session accounting packet using radclient).

If I'm using the radacct table in MySQL, do I sradutmp/radutmp to still
have concurrent sessions checks?

Also, is there somewhere that lists what variables are available for the
SQL queries? I'd like to collect the Framed-IPv6-Prefix (and when our
NAS's eventually get support for sending it, Delegated-IPv6-Prefix).

Thanks,
Erik Andersen