WiFi reconnection attempting

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 25 14:58:37 CEST 2014

nicolas.clo at ricoh-industrie.fr wrote:
> - Is anyone know if there is a way to limit the number of attempts to
> reconnect on failure Wifi authentication (in Windows or Wifi access
> point)  ?

  Nope.  That's an issue between the AP and the WiFi client.

> - Or limit the logs in Freeradius radpostauth ? -->  I tried with a sql
> condition but I think it's a little heavy. Also it's not very logical to
> limit the logs.

  I would suggest tracking the number of connection failures per user.
If a user has too many, skip the "sql" module in post-auth.

  You should be able to track the connection failures in a database
field.  FreeRADIUS isn't a database, and doesn't actually store anything.