Maximum username length

Franks Andy (RLZ) IT Systems Engineer Andy.Franks at sath.nhs.uk
Tue Sep 30 11:21:14 CEST 2014

Hi all,
  We have a project trying to integrate pfsense and freeradus together
to form a captive portal, not rocket science.
  We're going to attempt to pass a number of delimited variables through
via the username field and split them at the freeradius end, mostly to
avoid rewriting the php in the captive portal to use more orthodox
existing attributes.
Can someone confirm the maximum username field length? I can see in the
RFCs that 63 is the recommended minimum nas length but there's not much
else I can see in there.

Thanks
Andy