SQL\Simultaneous logins\Cisco WLC

Олег Кобелев na_krul at mail.ru
Mon Apr 6 07:25:30 CEST 2015

 Hello, gents
Can you advise me with my issue with simultaneous logins, please?

I can't use radutmp because NAS port identifies only SSID (in case of Cisco WLC 5508). So it is always the same. And there are always only two records in the file.
I switched to SQL method:

sites-available/default

session {
        #radutmp

        #
        #  See "Simultaneous Use Checking Queries" in sql.conf
        sql
}

acct_unique {
        key = "User-Name, Acct-Session-Id, NAS-IP-Address, Client-IP-Address"
}

But all my seesions became "closed" after less than 2 minutes with acctterminatecause = Stale-Session (radacct table)

So this query doesn't work
simul_count_query = "SELECT COUNT(*) \
                              FROM ${acct_table1} \
                              WHERE username = '%{SQL-User-Name}' \
                              AND acctstoptime IS NULL" Who decides that the session is stale? And how can I avoid it?