Custom Reject Replies in case customer doesn't have available balance

Muhammad Usman muhd.usman87 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 11:38:11 CEST 2015

Hi,
I want to send custom reply messages in case of Access reject, I have gone
through the below link and updated the default file, by using

sql{
            notfound = 1
            reject = 2
        }
        if(notfound){
        update reply {
            Reply-Message := "Login Failed. Please check your Username and
Password"
        }
        ok = reject
        }

        if(reject){
        update reply {
            Reply-Message := "Login Failed. Please check your Username and
Password"
        }
        ok = reject
        }

However, I didn't understand how these notfound and reject values are
received and how can I add an extra here.
My requirement is that in case if user doesn't have available resources in
their account, FR should send reply-message informing customer to recharge
account.
Currently I am using SQL to authenticate user and SQL query only
authenticates user if they have resources available in their account.

*Case 1:*
User: Usman Volume: 100MB
Request: User-name = usman
*FR Response: Access Accept*

*Case 2:*
User: Usman Volume: 100MB
Request: User-name = random
*FR Response: Access Reject *
*Reply-Message: "you have entered incorrect credentials"*

*Case 3:*
User: Usman Volume: 0MB
Request: User-name = usman
*FR Response: Access Reject *
*Reply-Message: "you donot have resources available"*

http://grasehotspot.org/documentation/freeradius/meaningful-reply-message-for-access-reject/