Wired 802.1x certificate warning

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Apr 10 12:35:24 CEST 2015

On 10/04/15 10:38, sander timmermans wrote:

> through a UniFi AP with the very same protocol on the very same
> supplicant machine works flawlessly. I have very likely made a
> misconfiguration on the Windows machine, I just haven't figured out
> where.

Yeah. Microsoft don't make it easy. Have a careful look in the event
viewer logs on the client.

> I followed this guide for setting up the Ethernet connection:
> https://kb.meraki.com/knowledge_base/configuring-8021x-wired-authentication-on-a-windows-7-client
>
>  In the Protected EAP Properties window, I unticked "Validate server
> certificate", like I did with the wireless connection.

Ensure the relevant CA is in both the machine and user cert stores.

Having said that, the debug (which you've trimmed, sigh) suggests to me
it isn't even *getting* as far as the certs.

Check again that you've configured the client correctly.

> Is there at all a way to get around this issue without messing with
> the certs? Please also do let me know what other output or logs you
> might need.

Messing with the certs won't help. It's a client problem. The client is
where you'll need to fix this.