Using NAS-Identifier with login criteria

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Apr 11 14:39:12 CEST 2015

On Apr 11, 2015, at 7:35 AM, Brian Boere <brian.boere at netwize.ca> wrote:
> Reply-Message="Hello %{User-Name} you have been authenticated from %{NAS-IP-Address} and an SSID of %{NAS-Identifier}",
>
> when going through the logs when running radiusd -X, I can see the NAS-Identifier in some of the responses.
>
> Unfortunately being new to FreeRadius, I don't know where or how to start using these variables to control who has access to the wireless networks.
>
> I am reading through the wiki and looking for examples without much luck.

  See raddb/sites-available/default.  That's where policies go.

  Also, run the server in debugging mode.  You will see how the "default" file is processed.

  See "man unlang".  It documents the policy language.

  And look at the examples in raddb/sites-available/.  There are a LOT of examples of how the server works, and how to write policies.