What can be defined in sites-enable/a_site

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Apr 14 15:54:15 CEST 2015

On 14/04/15 14:27, James Sumners wrote:
> It seems that in addition to virtual server blocks I can also define
> global clients in a site file. I'd really like to contain all of the
> configuration specific to my site in one file, including modules. But it
> doesn't seem like I can define global modules in a site file. Is this
> correct? I can't find any description of what is actually allowed in
> such a file; just a description of what is allowed in a virtual server
> block.

The sites-enabled/x files are just includes; you can put anything in
there that's valid in an include.

You can't define a module because you can't have multiple modules {}
sections, i.e. this:

radiusd.conf:

modules {
include sites-enabled/x

x:

modules {

...doesn't make sense. You can define listen/client/server blocks in
sites-enabled/x because you can have miltiple listen/client/server blocks.

In other words, you can put anything that would be valid if you wrote it
in one big file, in the order it was included.