Failed to create the pair: Unknown attribute Max-All-Session

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 14 23:22:55 CEST 2015

On Apr 14, 2015, at 4:20 PM, Sergio Diaz <sdiazf at logitel.com.mx> wrote:
> I have a FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.12 with mysql db
>
> I have a hotspot with coova chilli devices like Access point (open-mesh with cloud controller cloudtrax), everything Works fine except with the attribute" Max-All-Session" in the radcheck table, when i put this attribute the users  can't authenticate, if i delete this attribute users can authenticate. I need limit a user access period for 1 day ,1 hour or 1 week from his first time he login using a prepaid card.

  That should be simple.

> This user never has been authenticated, so he haven't registry in the radacct table
>
> Id		username	attribute		op	value
> 2262		a1z5		Auth-Type		:=	Accept
> 2263		a1z5		Simultaneous-Use	:=	1
> 2264		a1z5		Max-All-Session	:=	3600

  OK...

> Even if i use other attribute like: Expiration it works with out problem.

  Yes, because Expiration is managed by the rlm_expiration module.

> rlm_sql: Failed to create the pair: Unknown attribute "Max-All-Session" requires a hex string, not "3600"

  You read the documentation saying to use "Max-All-Session".  That's good.  You didn't read the documentation saying that the attribute is managed by the sqlcounter module.

  Configure the sqlcounter module.  It will define the Max-All-Session attribute for you.  And, do the session counting that you're looking for.  The base SQL module just looks up data in SQL.  It doesn't do anything more than that.