Shell script execution

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Thu Apr 16 17:45:04 CEST 2015

> On 16 Apr 2015, at 16:32, Matthew Newton <mcn4 at LEICESTER.AC.UK> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 03:59:47PM +0200, mdii wrote:
>> To explain why I can't use the 3.x is that we're using package that
>> receives the Freeradius call and do a REST API call to a distant server,
>> and this package is only available for Freeradius 2.x at the moment... :(
>
> There's a rlm_rest module for FR3 that allows you do to fairly
> random HTTP calls to remote servers if that helps.

As of 3.0.7 you can now create your own arbitrary body content, and set your own arbitrary content-type.

It'll even stick the response in an attribute for you, which you can parse using regexes.

There's some examples of using some of the more interesting features here:

	http://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/twitter

If you have any questions not covered by the inline documentation, we can provide helpful hints.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS development team