IP Allocation FAILED

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Apr 20 13:25:13 CEST 2015

On Apr 19, 2015, at 11:33 PM, battossai <battossai at gmail.com> wrote:
> What should i do if some user get disconnected but don't get their ip again.

  Read the debug log to see why they don't get their IP again.

> I've set up allocation 1 ip to that user, but when get disconnected did not
> get the correct ip, in fact the user get another ip.

  So... you didn't allocate the IP to that user.

  Static IP allocations should be done INDEPENDENT of the IP Pool.  You can't just edit the SQL pool, and add a MAC to an an IP.  That allocates it, but doesn't assign the IP *permanently*.  When the user logs off, the IP will be marked unused.

  Static IP allocations should go into a separate pool.  Static IP allocations should NOT be in the dynamic IP pool.