802.1x with Cisco wireless controller

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Apr 21 16:17:20 CEST 2015

On 21/04/15 14:46, Mohammad H. Al Shami wrote:
> Thanks Matthew,
>
> My access controller is running version 7.3.101.0. Can you share your
> configuration files or at least point me to a place where I can look?
> My setup works once then fails for some time, works once then fails
> for even more time. Clients can't join the wireless network so it's
> not an issue if me looking at the log.

You're not being clear here.

We use Cisco WLC. There's no special magic - just set them up according
to the docs and they'll do radius auth.

I'm not sure what:

"""
Clients can't join the wireless network so it's not an issue if me
looking at the log.
"""

...means.

I suggest you blow away your WLC and radius configs and start from
scratch. Start simple - put a single controller and radius server on the
same subnet, configure basic WPA-Enterprise on the controller, start
with the FreeRADIUS default configs and a single test user, work from
there. Make small changes at each step, and check the configs into
version control after each change is working.