config section in rlm_perl module

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Apr 21 18:55:01 CEST 2015

> You're right. I didn't realize the whole perl body is actually an "instantiate" section.
> My mistake, sorry.

Yeah. The perl script gets 'run' for instantiation. Ugh.

Even in the mod_instantiate is messed up, with parts of different operations all interleaved. I'm guessing historically people have been too scared to touch the code, in case of angering the perl interpreter.

> Well.. good luck with the chocolate pudding... or something ;)

Seeking help from the stack overflow gods...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29778257/making-global-values-available-to-script-parsed-with-perl-parse

The embedding perl page was not useful.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS development team