Mikrotik DHCP and "auth-type := accept"

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Apr 27 19:34:34 CEST 2015

On Apr 27, 2015, at 1:25 PM, Osvaldo T Crispim Filho <osvaldotcf at gmail.com> wrote:

> On radcheck
>
> id    username    attribute    op    value
>
> 9664    DC:FF:BB:66:BE:9E    MD5-Password    :=
> 54a56092489fa15032cf0a709032c184
> 9665    DC:FF:BB:66:BE:9E    Auth-Type    :=    Accept
> 5876    DC:FF:BB:66:BE:9E    Calling-Station-Id    =~    DC:FF:BB:66:BE:9E

  I'm not sure what you're doing there.  Setting an MD5-Password *and* Auth-Type := Accept seems wrong.

  In addition, why do a regex comparison on Calling-Station-Id?  The RHS of that field isn't a regular expression.  It's just a MAC address.  And it doesn't match the Calling-Station-Id from the packet.  Because the Calling-Station-Id in the packet is lowercase, and has a "1:" before it.

  My suggestion is to delete the MD5-Password and Calling-Station-Id rows from radcheck.  Unless you can explain why they're necessary.